Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Golf Explosion

I've been reading and enjoying The Women's Guide to Golf. Very educational. It still doesn't make me want to go out and invest in golf clubs...as I said in a previous post, give me miniature golf any time.

I don't watch that much golf...when Tiger Woods is plaing in a tense match..Annika Sorenstam... I tried to watch Michelle Wie but I'm afraid her bad-sport behavior has turned me off her forever.

Nevertheless, women are beginning to golf in record numbers, as evidenced by the fact that there are two magazines for women out there.



I'll have to visit mu local B&N later on today and see if it carries these two magds...or for that matter, any women's sports magazines. I'm sure they do...my local Walmart has at least 3 Women's "sports and fitness" type magazines, so I'm sure B& N will have an even greater selection.

However...if you want to do these magazines a great service...get a subscription. Bookstores take such a commission out of their sales that you wouldn't believe...they make pennies on a sale. With a subscription...they make dollars.

No comments: