Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Review of Patterns: Tales of flying and life

I've just finished reading Patterns: Tales of flying and life, by Bette Bach Fineman. It is an extremely enjoyable read, for pilots and non-pilots alike, for women going through a divorce, for guys who like a good read of aviation anecdotes - everyone.

Read the review here:
Patterns: Tales of flying and life

Or just cut to the chase and visit www.bettebachfineman.com.

It's a self-published book, and people have reason to be leary of these...as they are usually poorly written and edited.

However, Patterns is excellently written...the only thing I didn't care for was the fact that the text wasn't justified...but you soon get used to that. There's also my old bugaboo - it has no index, and non-fiction books without indexes really bug me.

Nevertheless, well written, and every woman should read it. But don't get me wrong, I think guys will enjoy it as well. Fineman talks a bit about her depression after her husband leaves her (with six kids, thanks very much) but she doesn't dwell on it for more than a few paragraphs. Then it's on to creating - successfully - a new life for herself.

No comments: