Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

You Fly, Girl is now Winged Victory

I got some feedback from some women pilots that they thought using the name "Girl" in the title was undignified..and I have to say I agreed with them.

I don't like grown women being called girls, but I wanted a title that would be "catchy" as well as being clearly about women pilots, and the domain name I wanted - Women With Wings, has been parked by some people who are just using it as a "link library" - or whatever the technical name for that practice is...annoys me intensely.

And I have to admit it didn't occur to me to use initials in the domain, calling it WWW, for example...although I wonder if that's even allowed. www.www.com
hm...that probably wouldn't be allowed!

Anyway, I finally decided to go with Winged Victory - which is the title of a famous statue, "Nike of Samothrace" - Nike being the Greek goddess of Victory.

www.winged-victory.com

is the new URL.

However, youflygirl.com will contintue to work as well.

And since this blog is already established with the name, it will keep the title.

1 comment:

David Paulin said...

I liked "You Fly, Girl." Sounds like some of your readers have attitude problems, chips on their shoulders, or maybe self-esteem problems. Whatever their problem, I'd certainly never want to share a cockpit with them. Shame on you for caving into them and not going with your instincts. Next thing you know, the phrase "Fly Boys" will deemed sexist.